Job Responsibilities :
- Become an expert in all things Nando’s particularly with regards to restaurant standard operating procedures, processes, and management.
- To provide the correct business leadership to a group of Restaurant Managers to ensure financial targets are met along with the delivery of all Brand Standards and to ensure that business operations are efficient and effective, and the desired growth is achieved.
Other Responsibilities :
- To work with and support other stakeholders to achieve common set goals.
- To enforce and uphold the company SOPs, policies and procedures at all times.
- To be a brand ambassador and represent the brand.
- To be able to create a conducive working environment in restaurants, and support people growth and development for high performance.
- To work on the annual budgets for the restaurants in accordance with the annual strategic plan.
- To ensure cash handling policy is being adhered to at casa at all times.
- To ensure proper handling of all company assets including fixed assets and understand the policy of managing company assets and properties.
- To manage the restaurant Profit & Loss for the assigned restaurants, to achieve EBITDA through proper cost control.
- To keep in check all inventory variances, waste expired, obsolete is managed properly, reported and dealt with on a timely basis.
Growth & Profitability :
- To support and take up new cases when required for company expansion.
- Grow sales through catering, large orders or any sales building activities.
- To ensure monitoring of sales performance and make plans to achieve sales growth.
- To monitor sales using the available tools (Power BI) to drive the team to achieve results in Transaction Growth and Average Check growth etc.
- To plan and execute a sales plan to turn around non-performing restaurants.
- Ensure that the cases are well maintained to deliver the brand promise in terms of Product, People, and Place.
- To actively participate and plan Local Restaurant Marketing programs with Patraos and drive the execution through Patraos.
- To execute the marketing promotions plan by the company effectively.
- Understands the brand standards; consistently upholds the brand values and acts as brand ambassador.
- To ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with promptly within deadlines, investigated and corrective action is taken; and custom recovery is done.
- To ensure weekly cash audits; spot checks on cash is carried out where necessary to ensure all sales money are properly accounted for and bank-into company’s account. Sales money includes cash, credit card, vouchers, coupons, commissions or whatever forms of sales money collected when goods are sold to customers.
- To ensure stock counts are conducted properly by the casa management team. BM are required to conduct stock audits on mid-month and month-end to ensure stocks are in check or as and when needed. To ensure accurate stock counts, spot stock discrepancies and timely actions are taken to address discrepancies.
- To ensure all operating standards are met by restaurants (Operations Audit, SGS and Mystery Shopper).
- To ensure that the Nando’s Delivery system operates at the highest operational standard.
- To investigate, report and take timely action to address fraud, discipline and equivalent matters to the Regional General Manager and relevant stakeholders.
- To ensure that all administrative requirements and deadlines are met by casa management.
People Management :
- To identify, develop and retain talent, hence contributing to reduced staff turnover in the restaurants.
- To ensure all restaurant Nandocas understand and comply to the company policies and procedures.
- To ensure Patraos take care of Nandocas, through proper communication, scheduling, performance manage and handle grievances appropriately.
- Ensure Patraos comply with company standards of hiring, orientation, training and retaining Nandocas.
- To embed Compass in daily work and encourage others to embed it.
- Enable and support Learning & Development activities for skilled Nandocas.
- To set goals, give performance feedback and achieve a high-performance culture.
- To proactively plan and support engagement plans to achieve a conducive and happy work environment so Nandocas can perform at their best.