We have a saying at Nando’s and it’s simply this: “Nando’s is not just about the chicken. It’s never been just about the chicken. It’s about the people who make the chicken.”
Wherever in the world our Nandocas may be, they’re part of our Fired Up global brand and amazing family. It’s a family that works hard and plays hard too. In our beautiful casas, we serve our legendary PERi-PERi chicken and support one another all the way. It keeps things fun and informal, while fantastic opportunities keep us learning, growing, experiencing and sometimes even partying!
We do this so that our brand and all the family members in it will thrive and have the chance to be the best they possibly can be.
What will you be doing?
- Welcoming customers into ourcasawith a friendly, energetic and warm welcome and give a sincere farewell when they leave
- Be aggressive and active in attracting customers to dine at Nando’s
- Able to talk about our brand story and introduce our specialities to customers especially if it’s their first time at Nando’s
- Bringing customers to the table and explain Nando’s ordering SOPs
- Know how to engage with the customers if there’s a queue and provide accurate wait times
- Be caring towards all customers, especially those with special needs i.e. children/elderly
- Be responsible for the hostess station/restaurant entrance and keep it neat, tidy and up to Nando’s brand standards
- Be observant and able to manage the table turnovers so that customers don’t have to wait long
- Be courageous to walk around the mall and give out leaflets/other LRM activities
- Be generous in sharing ideas and knowledge with other Front-of-house personnel/new hostess
- Be passionate and genuinely care about the customers and their needs – prepared to assist front-of house if needed
Does this describe you?
- Friendly, sociable, like to meet and engage with people
- Confident, communicate well, calm under pressure
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Works well with others and good team player
- Able to multi-task
- Having 2-years experience as a waitress is a plus
- Able to work in shifts as needed
- Having a friendly and sociable personality is key
- Comfortable to help resolve basic complaints
- Communication skills
- Have a passion for people