At Nando’s, it is not just about the chicken. It’s about the people who make the chicken. We are all a part of a big and Fired Up! global family that works hard and plays hard. We like to keep things fun and informal, while fantastic opportunities keep us learning, growing, experiencing and sometimes even partying!
Our brand aims to deliver an all-rounded dining experience that is uniquely Nando’s by holding onto these 5 values: Pride, Passion, Integrity, Family, and Courage. So if you have a strong sense of pride, integrity, passion, drive and love for PERi-PERi chicken, we’ve been looking for you to be part of this hot opportunity to grow with us together and deliver a great Nando’s experience as we expand to the rest of Malaysia.
What will you be doing?
- Welcoming customers into our restaurantwith a friendly, energetic and warm welcome and give a sincere farewell when they leave
- Be aggressive and active in attracting customers to dine at Nando’s
- Able to talk about our brand story and introduce our specialities to customers especially if it’s their first time at Nando’s
- Bringing customers to the table and explain Nando’s ordering SOPs
- Know how to engage with the customers if there’s a queue and provide accurate wait times
- Be caring towards all customers, especially those with special needs i.e. children/elderly
- Be responsible for the hostess station/restaurant entrance and keep it neat, tidy and up to Nando’s brand standards
- Be observant and able to manage the table turnovers so that customers don’t have to wait long
- Be courageous to walk around the mall and give out leaflets/other LRM activities
- Be generous in sharing ideas and knowledge with other Front-of-house personnel/new hostess
- Be passionate and genuinely care about the customers and their needs – prepared to assist front-of house if needed
Does this describe you?
- Friendly, sociable, like to meet and engage with people
- Confident, communicate well, calm under pressure
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Works well with others and good team player
- Able to multi-task
- Having 2-years experience as a waitress is a plus
- Able to work in shifts as needed
- Having a friendly and sociable personality is key
- Comfortable to help resolve basic complaints
- Communication skills
- Have a passion for people